Tuesday 15 April 2014

Installing .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) on Windows 8.1 [ErrorCode: 0x800f0906]

Hey guys, this is the first post of my new blog. I will share more things in the near future. In the mean time, I will share about installing .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) on Windows 8.1.

Just recently I get a new company laptop and have to install quite a number of required software. One of the software requires .NET Framework 3.5 to be installed. So, I navigate to Windows Features from programs and features or type Windows Features at the search bar and select Turn Windows features on or off.

Turn Windows features on or off

Enable .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and click OK button. A screen will prompt and requires you to download from Windows Update. Click on it and the screen will show the error code 0x800f0906 after it complete loading. It means that I'm not connected to the internet but that just not possible since my internet is working fine.

I did try to get the installer from the following link and thought it would bypass Windows Update but the installer still requires download from Windows Update.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-my/download/details.aspx?id=25150

So to solve this (It works for me), Windows 8.1 ISO, bootable disc or usb is needed and execute the following command line in the command prompt. Please change the drive path of the ISO, disc or usb.
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

After the process is complete with successful message, the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) completes its installation.

More details on the command line can be obtain from here, under the troubleshooting section.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx




No comments:

Post a Comment